Friday, September 13, 2024

 GWR no8 lamp post at St Agnes station Cornwall

I have shared this with Jo Roesen, 

This lamp post is located in the Industrial estate that was the old goods yard, it seems to have been moved there in recent years as it is not in the ground as deep as it should be.

The electrical supply comes in an overhead position to the lantern rather than through the column.

It would make a great  yard lamp for the GWSR ,I have a large octagonal lantern that just needs a post, I would imagine this one would be difficult to acquire though.


I found a nice stainless steel tray at Burkes Scrapyard in Cheltenham, I had been looking for something I could for tools in the Morris Commercial under the seat, so I cut a hole and it fits a treat.


 

1 comment:

  1. It's a No. 2 post , but 8ft long. Normal platform posts are 6ft long. It would have a normal, 4 sided Windsor lantern on it.
    These slightly higher posts would typically stand along station approaches, hence the potential usefulness for the GWSR, as we have a new driveway at Toddington, currently without posts.

    ReplyDelete

 Wednesday 9th October are dry warm start then the light rain came in. In the last week Greg has added more to the Hayles Abbey Sign and sta...